Thread: Zonealarm Free Firewall constantly blocking incoming signals all of a sudden?

Default Zonealarm Free Firewall constantly blocking incoming signals all of a sudden?

Hey so I literally just got back from a three day trip. Once home I decided to turn on my computer so I could update everything. After about 20-30 minutes I went over to Zonealarm and was shocked to see that I had more than tripled my access attempts in the alert log. I was absolutely frightened and I still am which is why I'm here now. Why is it doing this all of a sudden, nothing like this has ever happened before? Literally it's continually blocking incoming signals to the ISP for my internet service. They're all incoming and many of the IP's are very different. So I decided to do a bit of research. I went over to ipchecker.com and looked up all these IP's. A whole lot of them are coming from internet companies/providers of the United States like Cox Communications, but there are some that are really weird that say they're coming from France and the organization is called "Free SAS." Someone please help me I'm so stressed out over this! Why is it doing this, this has never happened before?!?! Is there a way I can fix this?! Please help I'm honestly a bit frightened by this, the access attempts are literally stacking up as we speak!

Default Re: Zonealarm Free Firewall constantly blocking incoming signals all of a sudden?

Hello;

Have you changed any of the Default settings in Zone Alarm?

do you have any other Security programs installed?

The More information you post more likely other users here will be able to help and suggest potential remedial actions.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to Clipboard --> Paste in a reply here. Mind to remove the license key (if applicable).

Exact version of OS used? XP SP3? Windows 7 SP? Windows 8? 8.1?

Default Re: Zonealarm Free Firewall constantly blocking incoming signals all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

Have you changed any of the Default settings in Zone Alarm?

do you have any other Security programs installed?

The More information you post more likely other users here will be able to help and suggest potential remedial actions.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to Clipboard --> Paste in a reply here. Mind to remove the license key (if applicable).

Exact version of OS used? XP SP3? Windows 7 SP? Windows 8? 8.1?
    I have not changed any settings in Zonealarm, the computer has been off these past three days because nobody but me knows the password. Other security software includes avast! for antivirus purposes, but I do not have another firewall running besides Zonealarm is that's what you're asking. Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 with all the latest updates. ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 13.1.211.000Vsmon version: 13.1.211.0
    Driver version: 13.1.123.0

Quote Originally Posted by ericestrella View Post
    I have not changed any settings in Zonealarm, the computer has been off these past three days because nobody but me knows the password. Other security software includes avast! for antivirus purposes, but I do not have another firewall running besides Zonealarm is that's what you're asking. Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 with all the latest updates. ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 13.1.211.000Vsmon version: 13.1.211.0
    Driver version: 13.1.123.0
    Also, for some reason...Zonealarm has stopped blocking so many incoming signals...like it's been over twenty minutes and now it's acting like it's normal self again...I...I am so confused...

If it is during boot then it likely normal, I see also many blocking of incoming calls. If all works as it should then you should not worry.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information