Hello forum members. New user here.
I have this moment a pretty irregular problem with the free version, that is somewhat beyond my knowledge to deal.
I'm trying setting up a static ip and open ports for my applications and games, so they can connect or allowing incoming connections.
My ip and router firewall are set up correctly and for years I have always meant, that allowing my programs in the program list under Application control, is enough for connections to pass through. It before has worked great for me that way.
But I noticed the other day that ZA is still blocking my programs anyway, despite they are permitted fully access for both ingoing and outgoing. Only if I put Public Zone to medium, I finally get access and with a Port Checker Tool I could see my ports open. (The Checker Tool was also permitted access)
By this, I am likely very sure that ZA is my right now headache and not my other stuff.
I then read here it could be due my user settings had gone corrupted. I just made a fully reset - reset back to dafault settings, uninstalled ZA through Control Panel and I also ran the removal tool to fully start on new.
It seems to have helped a lot now, some program like my port checker tool having access now, but there are a few programs that still suddenly does not get through, even they are permitted fully access. I still have to put the Public Zone to medium before things works correctly. Resetting ZA again does not seem to work. Now I'm not sure what to do.
I know this isn't a support hotline, but maybe you guys have some clues what to try next.
I have read stickies and searched the forum.
The technical part of my post.
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 13.2.015.000
(Pretty much everything is set to their defaults)
Vsmon version: 18.104.22.168
Driver version: 22.214.171.124
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Other Security program installed:
Avast! Free Antivirus 2014