Thread: [Solved] Rosetta Stone error 1141 with ZoneAlarm > Disabled IPV6 networking

Unhappy [Solved] Rosetta Stone error 1141 with ZoneAlarm > Disabled IPV6 networking

Still a known issue with no expected date for resolution if any. (The previous thread about this is a year old with 2,400 views. It and other threads about this incompatibility have been closed.)

I spoke with Rosetta Stone and ZoneAlarm today about error 1141, in which Rosetta Stone TotalE will not launch while ZA is running. They agree it is a problem that ZA needs to resolve. However I wonder why RS can't make it possible to disable the offending daemon plugin. What's it doing, anyway?

ZA isn't "blocking Rosetta Stone" as some have suggested. There's a clear message in the ZA log when ZA blocks a program, and this is not that. ZA is silent, while RS experiences a fatal crash at launch.

FYI, a previous suggestion does not work: Unchecking "Launch ZA at startup" in preferences. The only workaround I've found is to uninstall ZA (Control Panel > Programs).

• Checkpoint ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 12.0.104
    • Rosetta Stone Total E version 4.5.5.0

If you're not running ZA, then read this RS technote for other possible solutions:
    http://support.rosettastone.com/en-U...e-application/

Default Re: Rosetta Stone error 1141 with ZoneAlarm

Hello;

Thank you for your Feedback..

Since you have installed an old version of ZA Extreme security v12..

1.) You may want to do a Clean uninstall of ZAES v12 and try the Current ZAES v13.2 version..

Release History:

• 13.0 Branch13.2.015.000 was released to the public on May 30, 2014. See changes

The latest ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security release is 13.2.015.000.

2.) Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3.) Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

4. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

5. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

Please Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It may help other users with the same problem.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 10th, 2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: update info.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by denisseattle View Post
    ZA isn't "blocking Rosetta Stone" as some have suggested. There's a clear message in the ZA log when ZA blocks a program, and this is not that. ZA is silent, while RS experiences a fatal crash at launch.
    This might be somewhat a stab into the dark since i have no personal experience with rosetta stone. However, as i found to my surprise, zonealarm does indeed block a LOT of traffic that will not be logged even if you mark everything as loggable.
    Logging skips IPv6 traffic completely blocked or allowed. This could, if IPv6 is enabled in firewall settings, block applications from working with no clear reason simply because they try to use IPv6 instead of IPv4 as default.
    I believe this applies also to older ZA versions of 12.x as to new 13.X simple test would allow you to try that out though.

Firewall settings, advanced settings, remove check from "enable ipv6 networking" and reboot the computer.

It would remove any ability for you to use ipv6 but 99.99% of current programs and applications can fall back to more common ipv4 if ipv6 isn't present so it most likely wont kill anything else.
    Last edited by psavola; June 12th, 2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: killing the accidental wall of text to a degree

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

Thank you for your Feedback..

Since you have installed an old version of ZA Extreme security v12..

1.) You may want to do a Clean uninstall of ZAES v12 and try the Current ZAES v13.2 version..

Release History:

• 13.0 Branch13.2.015.000 was released to the public on May 30, 2014. See changes

The latest ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security release is 13.2.015.000.

2.) Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3.) Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

4. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

5. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

Please Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It may help other users with the same problem.
    I have been using RosettaStone for many years on a laptop running Win XP and Zonealarm without any problems/conflicts.

This year I tried to install RosettaStone on a newer laptop running Win 7 and Zonealarm which constantly failed with 1141 error. Finally managed to install after uninstalling Zonealarm. However, once Zonealarm was reinstalled RosettaStone would not load/run.

Solved Conflict: Disabled IPV6 networking as mentioned in last post of this series and RosettaStone working again.

Thread Information