Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antivirus & Anti-spyware turning off automatically

Default Antivirus & Anti-spyware turning off automatically

Hi all. First time user. I am running Extreme Security version 13 and it is automatically turning off the Antivirus & Anti-Spyware after around one minute. Obviously something wrong here. Can anyone help?

Default Re: Antivirus & Anti-spyware turning off automatically

OS version used?
    Exact version of ZA used?
    Do you have or had any other security tools installed (e.g. Microsoft windows antivirus, etc) as AV may be turn off due to conflicts with existing or left overs antiviruses?

Try this:

1. Download the latest ZA 13 (2015) version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks for your help.

I am using XP (I know it is old - but solid).
    The ZA Extreme Security version is 13.1.211.000 which it tells me is the latest.
    I do not believe I have any other security tools installed and the appremover tool did not find anything at all to uninstall.

I have not gone though the re-install yet. Do I have the latest version?
    If not I will go through this process but if so why would this be still happening?

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

I would anyway try it. Nothing to loose. Its very important you run the removal tool (not before uninstalling ZA via XP add/remove programs). Also be sure to download a fresh version of the removal tool as it keeps changing very often.

Also ensure that you don't have any microsoft security essential or similar as this is the effect that it can have on ZA (ZA AV OFF).

Thanks,
    Fax

I'm actually having the exact same problem. I just made this account to be able to start a thread but since there's already one for the issue I figure I'll just post here.

It'll say my computer isn't protected, and I click "Fix Now" and then it temporarily says my computer is protected, during this the Update and Scan buttons at the top are greyed out. After a while, Update because clickable and Scan is still greyed out and it says my computer is unprotected. I went into settings and specifically switched anti virus/spywards to ON but it then switches itself to off. I checked for updates and Zone Alarm is up to date. This didn't happen until after I updated my OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, it did 12 updates.) Before updating W7 ZoneAlarm was working just fine. On the main screen, both INTERNET and IDENTITY AND DATA are green, but COMPUTER says "At Risk."

According to the program, it's currently running on version 12.0.104.000. (Zone Alarm Extreme Security with Datalock.)

It's a little comforting to know I'm not the only one having this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by scifo223 View Post
    I'm actually having the exact same problem. I just made this account to be able to start a thread but since there's already one for the issue I figure I'll just post here.

It'll say my computer isn't protected, and I click "Fix Now" and then it temporarily says my computer is protected, during this the Update and Scan buttons at the top are greyed out. After a while, Update because clickable and Scan is still greyed out and it says my computer is unprotected. I went into settings and specifically switched anti virus/spywards to ON but it then switches itself to off. I checked for updates and Zone Alarm is up to date. This didn't happen until after I updated my OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, it did 12 updates.) Before updating W7 ZoneAlarm was working just fine. On the main screen, both INTERNET and IDENTITY AND DATA are green, but COMPUTER says "At Risk."

According to the program, it's currently running on version 12.0.104.000. (Zone Alarm Extreme Security with Datalock.)

It's a little comforting to know I'm not the only one having this issue.
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

part of your problem is that you installed a very old copy of ZA Extreme Security v12.

you also may have a conflict with other security software that may be Blocking Zone Alarm.

If you have not done yet do a full removal and clean install, this way, follow all of the instructions below..

I suggest trying the New ZA Extreme Security v13.2

1. Download the latest ZA 13.2.xxx (2015) version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

NOTE: Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

I did what you suggested and installed the new ZA, but it still wouldn't work. But I DID manage to fix it and I'm currently running a full virus scan.

Here's what I did:

I went to Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Review your computer's status -> Security -> Virus Protection

From here, it showed what AV I had installed (Security Essentials and ZA.) SE was enabled and ZA was not, so I disabled SE so I could enable ZA, and I had to do this multiple times before my actual ZA program would register with this and keep the AV/AS on. I also re-enabled SE and ZA has been working fine. I'm about an hour into the virus scan so it's been fixed for a while. If the problem returns after the scan completes, I will disable SE again and if the problem still persists I will definitely update this post.

Unfortunately I am still not up and running.
    As suggested I downloaded Ver 13.2 (2015), uninstalled my version 13.1.211, used appremover (didn't find anything) and cleaned up the registry etc. with ccleaner. Used the ZA removal tool and rebooted. All good so far. Unfortunately I get 75% through the installation of Ver 13.2 (up to the "Find My Laptop" part) and it crashes with a fatal error. I cannot get past this point so I now have no ZoneAlarm. Aaaarrrr!!!

Any Ideas?

Uuuhm.. Are you following the instructions above. I have suggested installing 13.1 not 13.2 for which you have the full installer.

Sorry, I assumed when you asked me to to download the latest ZA 13 (2015) it was 13.2 as this was the latest on the page you provided me.

I already had the latest version 13.1 (13.1.211) installed and it was the problem.

Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to install anything without it crashing.

I will keep trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information