Thread: ZAISS and Webroot?

Default ZAISS and Webroot?

Hi Guys
    I inherited a PC running something called Webroot. I'm planning to install ZAISS but wonder if I should first uninstall Webroot or if they can both run alongside each other? I assume ZAISS is the superior package?
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B] :)

Default Re: ZAISS and Webroot?

Quote Originally Posted by glaustin View Post
    Hi Guys
    I inherited a PC running something called Webroot. I'm planning to install ZAISS but wonder if I should first uninstall Webroot or if they can both run alongside each other? I assume ZAISS is the superior package?
    Hello;

The instruction for a clean install are below

1. Download the latest ZA 13.1 (2015) version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current Webroot version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,

OK, so not a good idea to run them together, then.
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B] :)

Quote Originally Posted by glaustin View Post
    OK, so not a good idea to run them together, then.
    Not a Good idea because the Conflicting Security effect of both programs will Block or Weaken the Security of each program, reducing or cancelling the safety and security you need. ..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZA Pro + AV, ZASS and ZA Extreme Security do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if they are disabled).

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAES issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...

Thread Information