Thread: [WORKAROUND] ZoneAlarm Security Suite v13 blocks my downloads -> disable web scanning

Default [WORKAROUND] ZoneAlarm Security Suite v13 blocks my downloads -> disable web scanning

Pendragon had posted a message concerning blocked downloads with ZAISS 13.1.211.000 and his thread was closed so I could not respond with a solution. I also experienced blocked downloads after upgrading to version 13.X.X of Security Suite running Vista 32bit. No downloads in FireFox 31 or IE. Pendragon also experience no downloads in Chrome as well on Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I tried several configuration changes and finally found out what was blocking the downloads:

Go to AntiVirus & Firewall / AntiVirus Anti-Spyware / Settings / Advanced Settings / Premium Protections. Uncheck "Enable Web Monitoring". Click OK and close/re-open browser. Downloads should work now. I don't know how important this Web Monitoring feature is, but it is causes an issue for me in versions 13.x.x. with Firefox and IE. Unchecking Web Monitoring instantly restores the ability to download.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite blocks downloads

Thank you for the workaround, IMO you should plan to move soon to other security tools you can run all features and keep up to date, especially if related to your security. For example, the use of the cloud that you have disabled it's very important to protect you from 0/day threats and should be on.

Web scanning inspects and blocks internet content as soon as it is loading in your browser it is not as crucial as the cloud protection. But still contributing to your security.

I wiil revise the thread title to hint to the solution and closing it.

thanks again for the input and, for other users reading this, please be aware that the above settings (disabled) they are not recommend.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information