Thread: ZA Version 9.X [Not Supported] Error: Unable to connect to update server.

Threaded View

Default ZA Version 9.X [Not Supported] Error: Unable to connect to update server.

new forums? and you did not import the old database? how wonderful.. new forum account i guess....

why am i getting this in the last few days?

has support ended for older zone alarms? have you changed the domain for the update server and now the program is crapping out? i am using za security suite v9.3x. no, i will not upgrade to the newer ones. they look and feel ugly. half the options are hidden and some are now on autopilot. no way! i want total control of what happens.

anyway, that is not the point. i have a 2 year license (still have 143 days left) for 3 pc's. i use it on two. actually i use it on one pc, but i multiboot. so two instances. that is how i know it's not some issue with me. it happens on both setups, and one is a windows xp which is very clean and never used except to troubleshoot or if anything was to happen with my main boot. the last time i used that boot, za updated just fine. (of course, that was normal) now, it does not update there as well. that tells me it's not "something" that happened recently on my main system, rather something on your end.

edit: just to test some more, i forced myself to update to the latest version via the 9.3 update button. i now use 13.1x and i can update the av just fine. that too tells me it's something you did. are you no longer allowing older versions, specifically, 9.3x to update their av signature files? surely not. if not that, than what else could it be? i will get to the bottom of this. the live chat is closed so i will do that when open.
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; June 17th, 2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Updating title for accurancy

Thread Information