Thread: Advanced Firewall/view zones/ADD

Default Advanced Firewall/view zones/ADD

Hello i changed my router the other day and set it up to replicate the old router exactly, since i can not ADD new zones under VIEW ZONES, i can enter the host/site name Description then look up, it finds the IP no prob ick OK the window hangs for couple of seconds t close, click OK on Zones window it closes. If i open again the HOST/SITE is not there. I have tried even entering the IP and same thing happens and it disappears. I uninstalled/reinstalled twice same thing happens, i have the version installed on 3 systems on same network and they work perfect.

Default Re: Advanced Firewall/view zones/ADD

I am not sure I follow your issue. If your router is connected to the Internet and connected to your PC then you don't need to add anything in the ZA zones it should appear there as "Network" (e.g. 192.168.X.X/255.255.255...).

If not, then check your MS Window as it may not recognise the router and therefore ZA does not see it.

Whenever posting at the user forum you should at least provide minimum information about your ZA. Right click the ZA icon near the clock, about, copy to clipboard, paste it here. Remove the license key, if applicable.

Also specify your OS and any other security tool you are using. Brand of the router? Software installed with the router?

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thankyou for the response, yes i did leave out some info didn't i and sorry for that, i have a home network and the PC iam having the issue with is the system i use as my server (Windows7). I was able to add my laptop so as to have excess the the server, my sons PC exactly same system as the server only running Vista and my daughters laptop then the wifes laptop, 3 versions of ZoneAlarm registered and the rest are free versions I was able top add my laptop, and sons but can not add anymore, i enter them the IP is found but will not save them

The Router is a TPlink 300 1 system has Vista and rest have Windows 7

Thanks. I am afraid ZA does not support the server setup you envisaged. Therefore I am not sure you will be able to make it work (even if it was working before).

I would go for a simple solution you need to set your LAN as trusted in ZA in all PC (i.e. 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 set as TRUSTED in ZA zones). This will allow all PCs and resources to be shared/access over your LAN without the need to add any specific IP.

Remember that your LAN IPs cannot be reached from the outside directly but it will be filtered out by the firewall in your TPLink router.

Sorry, I have no further suggestions to offer to you.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information