If the main issue is not the specific program then you should investigate what is slowing down your system as clean WIN7 problems are checked by default on each new version.
Also, you can imaging that if this was a general problem you should see this forum flooded by posts. This is not the case.
Have you tried to boot your PC only with WIN7 standard components and ZA? This way:
1. Click the Windows 7 "Start" ->
2. Type MSCONFIG in the search box and click OK
3. Once in MSCONFIG , click the ServiceTab
4. Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
5. Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet Monitor, ZoneAlarm Privacy Service, and any other services from Zonealarm (e.g. antitheft service, etc).
6. Click the Startup Tab,
7. Order by publisher and disable all items except items from Microsoft and Checkpoint.
8. Restart your computer
Now test if the issue persist. If it doesn't go back to MSCONFIG and check back the disabled items by group of 4 or 5. Start from the service tab and then move to the startup. This may help to find the culprit.
NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the