Thread: ZA Notifications in other accounts

Default ZA Notifications in other accounts

Hello,

ZoneAlarm has been working well for me for ages but there's one annoyance - I wonder if there is a way to avoid it?

Our PC has 2 user accounts which I generally keep logged in and me and my wife simply 'switch user' to access our own accounts.

However, let's say I'm using the computer in my account and get a ZoneAlarm program control notification, then the next day another and so on.

Then a few days later, my wife (who doesn't use the PC as much as me) switches to her account and is met with a barrage of notifications duplicating those which I've already allowed or disallowed. She doesn't know how to answer them and I'm often not around when she logs on.

Is there a way to prevent these (already answered) notifications being duplicated in other logged-in accounts?

Thanks,

Kroma

Default Re: ZA Notifications in other accounts

What you describe may be normal depending exactly what pop-up you receive. For example, if you update Skype and then you access to your account then you get a pop-up. If your wife will access her account then she will receive another pop-up. This is by design.

Excessive pop-up may also be linked to corrupted ZA databases (i.e. settings are not saved correctly).

First of all you should post the exact details of the ZA you are using. Right click the ZA icon near the clock, about, copy to clipboard, paste it in a response.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Oh... it sounds like it's by design then. I'm on Free Firewall 13.2.015.000. Yes, it's the usual popup with the 'allow', 'deny' etc and will appear the first time a new or updated piece of software tries to access the internet.
    It's just that they stack up over several days of use so that when my wife logs in there are lots to deal with. I'm pretty sure there's no corruption - it's just annoying that the messages appear twice with no way to suppress this. Is there a way?
    Thanks,
    Kroma

Sorry, I am not aware of a workaround. It is design with security in mind, in fact a user with its independent access, for example, may want to know that a new program is requiring access and may not want to grant it. Allowing a software across different users is regarded as risk unless recognised by the ZA database of safe applications (that may take sometime to be updated on just released software).

In any case, Microsoft certified components should be allowed across the accounts unless you have modified the ZA settings. This will ensure that the system is not blocked due to wrong "deny" decisions.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information