Thread: Youtube vids not loading, slow browsing after clean install ZASS 13.2.015.000

Default Youtube vids not loading, slow browsing after clean install ZASS 13.2.015.000

Had the previous version keep turning off and not being able to turn it on. Did a clean install on two machines, one running XP and the other Windows 7. The XP machine has no problem loading Youtube vids but the Win 7 machine either does not start loading, freezes after 10 seconds, or just plays the audio and only shows the beginning frame of the vid.

ZA comes with my subscription to a local provider so this is not a free version. I tried the ZA support page, typed into the search knowledge base. selected product, hit search...
    ~snip~

So that brings me here, rant over.

Is there some way of getting Youtube to work properly, also I have found ordinary pages are slow to load after the upgrade to ZASS 13.2.015.000. I am semi-computer literate as in I can search for answers myself and follow instructions if I find them. Do I uninstall the current copy and go back to the previous version?

Hope someone can help
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 5th, 2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Sorry, Off Topic Rant had to go, Please stay on "YouTube" Topic

Default Re: Youtube vids not loading, slow browsing after clean install ZASS 13.2.015.000

Quote Originally Posted by printer View Post
    Sorry, Off Topic Rant had to go, Please stay on "YouTube" Topic

So that brings me here, rant over.

Is there some way of getting Youtube to work properly, also I have found ordinary pages are slow to load after the upgrade to ZASS 13.2.015.000. I am semi-computer literate as in I can search for answers myself and follow instructions if I find them. Do I uninstall the current copy and go back to the previous version?

Hope someone can help
    Hello;

as a Canadian, you may not be aware of the American 4th of July (American Independence) National Holiday Weekend..

Sorry for your Frustration, However: Many Businesses let their Office Staff spend the Holiday weekend at Home with their families..

Click here for ZA Support

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

NOTE: A simple Search of the Forum for "YouTube" using the Search Box Top upper right side;

reveals a Solution to your YouTube issue..

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...hlight=youtube

Problem viewing YouTube with Zonealarm Extreme Security > Turn off Web Scan

Last edited by GeorgeV; July 5th, 2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Default Re: Youtube vids not loading, slow browsing after clean install ZASS 13.2.015.000

Thank you for the fast response on a holiday weekend. The rant was more to do with not being able to use the online resources to solve the problem by myself, contacting someone on your holiday weekend was minimal.

I did a search for youtube fixes, found many for older versions of ZA. the one forum topic for the new version of ZA was labeled FIXED,the solution was the person went to another software product.

Some posts advise to turn off Web Scan, that was in version 12, do I select an On-Access Scanning option with the new software, I have Enable On-Access Scanning, Scan in Smart Mode.

Or do I select under Premium Protections, Enable Real-Time Cloud Protection, or Enable Web Monitoring?

Thanks.

Turned off On-Access Scanning, did not help, turned it on again. Turned off Premium Protection. Browser could not find Google home page with either Explorer or Firefox. Rebooted after every change. Back to how I had ZASS when I first installed it. Tried youtube again, seemed to work, had three vids up. Still issues clicking on pages.

Came here to post this, browser froze up probably 25 times typing this amount. Just one page up other than this one. Only get to type by going to Windows Task Manager to unfreeze browser, froze up six times on this sentence.

Enough of this, uninstalling this version and going back to Ver.-12 until people are back from holidays.

Just a word of caution, ZA12 is not an officially supported version of ZA. If you will need to contact ZA for troubleshooting you will need to update to ZA13 and then contacting ZA.

Also note that what you describe may be caused by third party software installed on the PC that may be corrupted or conflicting. To check for conflicts you should boot your system only with win7 OS and ZA also your web browser should be started without adds-on.

To clean boot you would need to:

1. Click the Windows 7 "Start" ->
    2. Type MSCONFIG in the search box and click OK
    3. Once in MSCONFIG , click the ServiceTab
    4. Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    5. Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet Monitor, ZoneAlarm Privacy Service, and any other services from Zonealarm (e.g. antitheft service, etc).
    6. Click the Startup Tab,
    7. Order by publisher and disable all items except items from Microsoft and Checkpoint.
    8. Restart your computer

Now test if the issue persist. If it doesn't go back to MSCONFIG and check back the disabled items by group of 4 or 5. Start from the service tab and then move to the startup. This may help to find the culprit.

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

If you are not able to perform the above steps please try to get help from someone near you knowledgeable on PCs or if you have no other choice best to remove the old ZA and find a security solution that can work on your system without slowing it down.

Hope this help.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

I'll give it a shot.

Hi. I had that problem, too. It was easy to solve for me. I had to turn off identity protection in ZA. For some reason you are not allowed to watch utube with protection turned on. Hope that helps. Regards Thorsten

Sky Soldiers Guest

This migt resolve issues.

Start Clean.Run all four steps.

Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Install Flash Player in 5 easy steps.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Careful on Optional offer when downloading.

If still having Video display issues.See here for troubleshooting steps:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1230977?hl=en

Hope this might be of help.

Hi!
    The issue with web scanner and youtube was fixed a long time ago. If you still experience the problem then you will need to understand which third party component(s) is conflicting with ZA. You can start with Sky Soldier suggestion and then move to what already suggested above (i.e. clean boot... etc).

Of course all these tests should be performed after installing the latest version 13.3.X

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information