Thread: Installing ZAESecurity (Lifetime License) To New Win 8.1 Laptop.

Default Installing ZAESecurity (Lifetime License) To New Win 8.1 Laptop.

I hope this will just be 'a quickie' for someone.

To install Zone Alarm Extreme Security to my new Lenovo G500 Win 8.1 Laptop, do I simply install the Free Version of ZA and then enter my Licence Key to 'upgrade' it to the latest version of ZAES? I have a 'Lifetime Licence' version already installed on my Home PC, but I believe that I'm allowed to use this Key for up to 3 PCs in total. I've had a quick scroll through the Forum Threads, but I can't see anything that addresses this simple question specifically.

Thanks in advance for what I feel sure, from previous experience, will be a fairly prompt and concise response.

Kev' - Hampshire UK.
    Last edited by Kshaky; July 12th, 2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Default Re: Installing ZAESecurity (Lifetime License) To New Win 8.1 Laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kshaky;301627[COLOR=#ff0000
    ]I hope this will just be 'a quickie' for someone.

[/COLOR]To install Zone Alarm Extreme Security to my new Lenovo G500 Win 8.1 Laptop, do I simply install the Free Version of ZA and then enter my Licence Key to 'upgrade' it to the latest version of ZAES? I have a 'Lifetime Licence' version already installed on my Home PC, but I believe that I'm allowed to use this Key for up to 3 PCs in total. I've had a quick scroll through the Forum Threads, but I can't see anything that addresses this simple question specifically.

Thanks in advance for what I feel sure, from previous experience, will be a fairly prompt and concise response.

Kev' - Hampshire UK.
    Hello;

The Quickie Answer is "NO way Jose!"

you must download the Latest 13.1 or later version of Zone Alarm
    Extreme Security version to get it to Accept any Valid unexpired ZAES Registration key..

All Paid versions of Zone Alarm Keys are Specific to the type of ZA purchased..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

The Quickie Answer is "NO way Jose!"

you must download the Latest 13.1 or later version of Zone Alarm
    Extreme Security version to get it to Accept any Valid unexpired ZAES Registration key..

All Paid versions of Zone Alarm Keys are Specific to the type of ZA purchased..
    Thanks GeorgeV ('not for the first time, if memory serves). I couldn't see how to do that without making a purchase, but your reply has awakened my other brain cell now I think. Can you just clarify that I'm now correct in thinking that I go to the 'Free Downloads' page [which I've now found, thanks to your 'pointer'], then download the 'Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2015 30 day free trial' from there, and then proceed with entering my Licence Key etc, etc as I previously mentioned.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kshaky View Post
    Thanks GeorgeV ('not for the first time, if memory serves). I couldn't see how to do that without making a purchase, but your reply has awakened my other brain cell now I think. Can you just clarify that I'm now correct in thinking that I go to the 'Free Downloads' page [which I've now found, thanks to your 'pointer'], then download the 'Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2015 30 day free trial' from there, and then proceed with entering my License Key etc, etc as I previously mentioned.

Thanks.
    you are correct..

The 'Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2015 30 day free trial' after installed will allow you to enter your valid un-expired License for ZAES and register to you..

Here is what I recommend to other users..

1. Download the latest ZA 13.1 (2015) version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

4. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

5. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.
    GeorgeV

Hi GeorgeV,

'just wanted to say thanks for 'tying that up' for me. Your help is, as always, much valued and appreciated. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll be 'up & running' with ZAES on my Laptop . . . now without the debris from numerous failed installs of every Zone Alarm product ever released cluttering up my pristine new HDD . With any new PC I always like to install ZA before I do ANYTHING else, so I'll also be able to get on with installing and configuring everything else too.

Top work - Cheers!

Good to hear..
    Thank you..

Also, one final bit of advise..

Most new computers and Laptops usually come with lots of , Freebies, and Trial Security Software that may conflict with Zone Alarm, Even if Disabled..

Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.
    *** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZA Pro + AV, ZASS and ZA Extreme Security do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if they are disabled).

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7/Win8 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7/Win8 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    GeorgeV

Thread Information