Thread: Scanning stops, won't continue

Hybrid View

Default Scanning stops, won't continue

I have an HP 6710 WinXP Pro laptop and have used ZA for about 5 years. After upgrading to the latest Extreme version, I can't get a complete scan done anymore whether a fast or full scan. After any number of files scanned - from 66 to 412, it doesn't matter, the pop up window proclaims "scan completed". The progress bar never moves and the files scanned number never increases. It simply stops dead. I have removed and clean installed twice, even tried to go back to a previous version. Nothing works.
    Only other protection software in Malwarebytes and the Windows AV/AS which is shut off. Never had this problem before. I know something like a virus is running in the background because speed has dropped considerably.

Default Re: Scanning stops, won't continue

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Tom View Post
    I have an HP 6710 WinXP Pro laptop and have used ZA for about 5 years. After upgrading to the latest Extreme version, I can't get a complete scan done anymore whether a fast or full scan. After any number of files scanned - from 66 to 412, it doesn't matter, the pop up window proclaims "scan completed". The progress bar never moves and the files scanned number never increases. It simply stops dead. I have removed and clean installed twice, even tried to go back to a previous version. Nothing works.
    Only other protection software in Malwarebytes and the Windows AV/AS which is shut off. Never had this problem before. I know something like a virus is running in the background because speed has dropped considerably.

Hi!

First ensure you are on the latest version of ZA 13.1:
    Looking for the latest version?

Then follow all the steps as suggested here up to get your logs analysed by expert volunteers at bleepingcomputer.com or spywarehammer:
    Malware Clean-up Guidance

Next tune up ZA as suggested here:
    xyz was not detected. What I should do?

Of course, depending on the version of ZA used you may or may not able to follow all the steps above described.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information