Thread: Sporadic Add-in Error Message When Opening MS Outlook

Default Sporadic Add-in Error Message When Opening MS Outlook

Sporadically, when I attempt to open MS Outlook, I get an error message saying that Outlook had a problem with the add-in mlfoshim.dll (the ZA add-n for Outlook), and do I want to disable it. The first time I got it I accidentally clicked the "Yes" button and the add-in was not only disabled, but there was no way to re-enable it; not in Outlook nor anywhere else, not even by deleting the file and getting a new copy from another computer. The only way I got it back was to do a complete restore from a system image made by Windows Backup.

I opened a chat session wit ZA and was told that they're aware of the problem and are working on a fix. That was several weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. Now while in and of itself that error message isn't the worst thing that ever happens, it does create a dangerous situation. If I, my wife or my daughter should accidentally click the "Yes" button, I'd again be back to having to do a full system image restore.

I'd like to know what, if any, progress has been made on developing a fix for this problem.
    Creacontech

Default Re: Sporadic Add-in Error Message When Opening MS Outlook

Hi;

I am very sorry you are having problems with ZA and hopefully I will be able to find a solution for you.

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

Sorry, Development and Tech Support do not Monitor this User Supported Forum..

If you have upgraded MS Outlook to v2013, There is a known compatibility issue with the MS Outlook 2013 upgrade..

I'm sorry but we have no ETA on when the fix will be available, my best guess is probably not until the next Major Zone Alarm Release. ?

I have no problems with Zone Alarm Extreme Security v13.3.209.000 and MS Outlook 2010 64-bit version on Windows 7 64bit OS..

Regards;
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 11th, 2015 at 09:42 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information