Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Solved] ZA Extreme Security 13.3.052.000 will not work with WinXP Pro.<Bad Install>

Default [Solved] ZA Extreme Security 13.3.052.000 will not work with WinXP Pro.<Bad Install>

ZA Extreme Security 13.3.052.000 will not work with WinXP Pro.

I know what you're gonna say, "Upgrade to Win8.1." I cannot afford it at this time. I installed the newest version and it won't let me connect to internet on any of my browsers; IE, Firefox, or Google Chrome. I had to restore my PC to earlier date to get my internet back. This new version is a no-go on my XP Pro desktop. Works fine on my Vista Dell laptop.

Default Re: ZA Extreme Security 13.3.052.000 will not work with WinXP Pro.

If you are a licensed user of ZoneAlarm, you can contact directly the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users here). Its free for registered users. Once at the main ZA support site look for the "contact us" icon on the left. In opening hours you will be helped on the spot.

Explain in detail your issue and follow their suggestions. In case the problem is not solved, please be sure to follow-up directly with them and report that the solution has not worked.

If you manage to find a solution please do no hesitate to come back here and post how you managed to solve it. It may help other users browsing the forum with a similar problem.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi;

The More information you post more likely other users here will be able to help and suggest potential remedial actions

1. Exact version of Windows OS used? XP SP3?

2. Has XP Pro been Fully updated with SP3 and the 100's of additional Updates after SP3?

3. was this a "Media Center Edition" of Windows XP Pro?

4. also is this aDeskTop,Laptop computer or Netbook;

5. what kind of Connection to the Internet do you have?

6. Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.

Regards;
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

1. Exact version of Windows OS used? XP SP3?
    SP3

2. Has XP Pro been Fully updated with SP3 and the 100's of additional Updates after SP3?
    Got the latest updates until M$ stopped provided updates.

3. was this a "Media Center Edition" of Windows XP Pro?
    No

4. also is this aDeskTop,Laptop computer or Netbook;
    Home built desktop
    Althon 64 6400x2 at 3.2 GHz (dual core) on ASUS SLI Deluxe AM2 motherboard with 3GB of Ram (updated on April 30, 2008).
    Harddrives, One IDE 160 GB as main drive, one 160 GB and one 250 GB (last two are SATA drives).
    Sony DVD/RW
    600 watts power supply with 5 cooling fans
    nVidia BFG 8600 GTS OC at 512 MB of ram running on Dell's 24" widescreen viewing at 1900x1024 32bits color for max resolution.
    OS; Window XP Pro with SP3

5. what kind of Connection to the Internet do you have?
    AT&T UVerse DSL.

6. Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.
    No other programs installed or running.

I did not make any changes to my configurations. Works fine on my Vista Laptop.

Hi;

Thank you for the Additional information about your Computer configuration..

I agree with Guru Fax;

If you are a licensed user of ZoneAlarm, you can contact directly the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users here). Its free for registered users.

Once at the main ZA support site look for the "contact us" icon on the left. In their hours of Operation you will be helped on the spot.

Explain in detail your issue and follow their suggestions.

In case the problem is not solved, please be sure to follow-up directly with the Official Tech Support live Chat and report that the solution has not worked for you, they may need additional details about your issue as well as your Zone Alarm logs, that they will tell you how to send the logs to them...

Note: If you manage to find a solution please do no hesitate to come back here and post how you managed to solve it. It may help other users browsing the forum with a similar problem.

Regards;
    GeorgeV

I had to downgrade back to ZA131.211.00 for now. I had to do a system restore twice and upgrade my Firefox browser. Google Chrome works fine on Desktop and I don't use IE hardly. One other problem that has not been resolved is desktop machine will not go into "Sleep" or "Hyphenate" mode. This has been doing this since last year. I like to put my PC in "Sleep" mode for couple of hour but unable to do it so I have to shut down completely.

Quote Originally Posted by baha1959 View Post
    I had to downgrade back to ZA131.211.00 for now. I had to do a system restore twice and upgrade my Firefox browser. Google Chrome works fine on Desktop and I don't use IE hardly. One other problem that has not been resolved is desktop machine will not go into "Sleep" or "Hyphenate" mode. This has been doing this since last year. I like to put my PC in "Sleep" mode for couple of hour but unable to do it so I have to shut down completely.
    Sorry, This Zone Alarm User Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

I'm sorry to hear that you chose to Downgrade, instead of Contacting the Official Support while you had ZA Extreme Security v13.3.052.000

Tech Support needs the LOG files created with ZAES v13.3.052 installed in order to diagnose what the issue of compatibility would be with your computer configuration..

Downgrading to ZA131.211.00 will destroy the evidence needed to properly diagnose your issue..

=============
    The instruction for a clean install for Diagnostic purposes are below

1. Download the latest ZA 13.3.052.000 (2015) version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version Without Touching any Default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    GeorgeV

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Sorry, This Zone Alarm User Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

I'm sorry to hear that you chose to Downgrade, instead of Contacting the Official Support while you had ZA Extreme Security v13.3.052.000

Tech Support needs the LOG files created with ZAES v13.3.052 installed in order to diagnose what the issue of compatibility would be with your computer configuration..

Downgrading to ZA131.211.00 will destroy the evidence needed to properly diagnose your issue..

I spent too much on my PC today and getting tired and frustrated. I am sick with cancer. Perhaps, I will do this at another day.

=============
    The instruction for a clean install for Diagnostic purposes are below

1. Download the latest ZA 13.3.052.000 (2015) version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version Without Touching any Default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    I have followed your directions to a T like always. Somehow, I think your build doesn't like XP anymore. I know everyone has to upgrade because M$ said so. It's all about $$$$$$. Right now, I cannot afford to upgrade to win8 right now due to my health and finance.

I'm sorry for your illness, Please post back when you feel better.

Regards;
    GeorgeV

Can you tell me the step by step for the files you need so I can do it next time I try re-installing the newer version? I did it once before for another issues and I forgot how to do it. If you like, you can send me a PM instead of typing it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information