Thread: [SOLVED] Lost Home Network after installation

Default [SOLVED] Lost Home Network after installation

Hey all, Sorry to bother you again but I have another problem. I can connect to the internet just fine but I cannot see my Laptop from Desktop XP Pro PC. For more info on my system specs, see link below (#4 post). After installing the ZAES v13.3.052.00, it reset my network connections to default and lost my sharing view of both PC. I can see my desktop PC; XP Pro desktop from my Vista laptop via wierless connection but I cannot see my laptop from XP Pro wiered desktop PC. I used to be able to transfer files between two machines and now I can only transfer from laptop to desktop. I don't remember how to get all sharing view so I need help getting my settings back like I had before. I tried to set it up and it came out all dead end. If you need more info, let me know. Please help. Thank you.

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...Bad-Install-gt
    Last edited by baha1959; August 6th, 2014 at 01:05 PM.

Default Re: Lost Home Network after installation

Hi;

If you are a licensed user of ZoneAlarm v13.3, you can contact directly the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users here). Its free for registered users.

Once at the main ZA support site look for the "contact us" icon on the left. In their hours of Operation you will be helped on the spot.

Explain in detail your issue and follow their suggestions.

In case the problem is not solved, please be sure to follow-up directly with the Official Tech Support live Chat and report that the solution has not worked for you, they may need additional details about your issue as well as your Zone Alarm logs, that they will tell you how to send the logs to them...
    Regards;
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I'm not sure if tech support is any helpful. The guy I had yesterday was sort of a jerk. I'm not trying to put down anyone but you do get some good people and some bad apples. I was hoping someone here could help me. And yes, I am a license user for at least 5 years or more. I don't remember when I started. It was with the free firewall than AV/AS came later.

Hi;

Unfortunately, Both the users of this Forum and the Official Tech Support personnel are not MIND READERS, we both give you our best Guess at resolving your issue (BASED on the details of your Issue and the information that you provide.. if you are Vague in your details, then you may get a Vague reply..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm and Details of your Computer and Windows OS that you failed to provide to Tech Support, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    Have your used the Forum Search feature upper Right side? Search for (Home Network) ?

here is a sample of the results..

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...t=Home+Network

Regards;

GeorgeV

if you are Vague in your details, then you may get a Vague reply.
    Excuse me for being vague. How much more info do you need? I saw that link and that's not it.

BTW, I have turned security settings to med. on public and trusted zone on both PCs and still not solved the problem. There is probably something I need to do and can't remember what it was.

and yes, this anti-spam thingy in this forum is getting annoying, too.

Quote Originally Posted by baha1959 View Post
    Excuse me for being vague. How much more info do you need? I saw that link and that's not it.

BTW, I have turned security settings to med. on public and trusted zone on both PCs and still not solved the problem. There is probably something I need to do and can't remember what it was.

and yes, this anti-spam thingy in this forum is getting annoying, too.
    Have your used the Forum Search feature upper Right side? Search for (Home Network) ?
    Have you looked at any of the other Links, other that the Sample Link I provided?

Sorry , I recommend that you try the Official Tech Support with better Details and if needed your ZA logs..

here is a Forum link that explains the need for the reCaptia..

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...ptcha-not-good

Regards;
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 6th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
    GeorgeV

Sorry , I recommend that you try the Official Tech Support with better Details and if needed your ZA logs..
    Ok, I'll give tech support another chance in the next few days and see. Right now, I'm just frustrated again and I had my share of tech support for other stuff like Dell for my PC 10 years ago. Some Dell tech support are more dumb than you think. I ended up fixing my own problem since they never bother to help me. It was a CD burner and Roxio software not working together on their PC. I finally broke down and got Nero instead. It solved my problem then. That's a different subject. Would you mind keeping this topic open for a few more days until I get the problem solved?

OK,

No need to close it until your issue is resolved,
    unless a SPAMMER continues to Hi-Jack your request for help..
    if that happens then you can "PM" me that you want to open it again.

Regards;
    Guru GeorgeV

Well, I got my network back and I dunno how it happened. It just came back by itself. I can now view my laptop from desktop PC or vice-versa. I was able to view my desktop from laptop but couldn't see laptop before. I didn't bother to contact tech support, either. It's all good now and you may lock this thread.
    Last edited by baha1959; August 28th, 2014 at 06:11 AM.

Thank you for reporting back..

I will now close your thread as you have resolved your issue with Networking..

you are welcome to start a new thread for any other Zone Alarm issue..

Regards;
    Guru GeorgeV

Thread Information