Thread: ISS Locking and Remapping Keyboard after new install

Angry ISS Locking and Remapping Keyboard after new install

I just purchased my annual upgrade/subscription to ISS Version 13.1.211.00. Since it was installed, I have had constant issues typing messages into webpages (including this one). When typing, the keyboard will lock after only half a dozen or so characters are typed, and I have to open another program or webpage then come back to the one I am typing in to continue typing. After a few hours, I have to completely reboot my computer, because my keyboard appears to be remapped, meaning some keys will display a completely different character (example: "i" becomes "c", or "!" becomes "E"). Up to this point, this short message has taken me about 5 minutes to type due to these issues. Has anyone else experienced these problems? Do you have a solution? I am not pleased with the latest release.

Default Re: ISS Locking and Remapping Keyboard after new install

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky3200 View Post
    I just purchased my annual upgrade/subscription to ISS Version 13.1.211.00. Since it was installed, I have had constant issues typing messages into webpages (including this one). When typing, the keyboard will lock after only half a dozen or so characters are typed, and I have to open another program or webpage then come back to the one I am typing in to continue typing. After a few hours, I have to completely reboot my computer, because my keyboard appears to be remapped, meaning some keys will display a completely different character (example: "i" becomes "c", or "!" becomes "E"). Up to this point, this short message has taken me about 5 minutes to type due to these issues. Has anyone else experienced these problems? Do you have a solution? I am not pleased with the latest release.
    Hi;

A.) you need to Upgrade to ZAISS 13.3.052.000

B.) Here is the Solution to your Typing problem..

Are you using Internet Explorer 11? Then you need to add the forum address (zonealarm.com) in the compatibility view settings.

1. Download the latest ZA version 13.3 from here:

Looking for the latest version?

** Mind to choose the right installer (i.e. Extreme, ZAISS) **

2. Remove your current version of ZA ISS from your OS "Uninstall a program" (WIN7 or WIN8), or "add/remove programs" (XP)

3. Reboot the PC

4. Install ZA ZAISS 13.3 you have downloaded in point 1.

Note: Let us know if you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.

Regards;
    Guru GeorgeV
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 18th, 2014 at 06:38 AM.

I am using Firefox. Does anybody really still use Internet Explorer? I downloaded and installed the latest version and it did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions before I ask for a refund? This is more than annoying.

Incidently, when I purchased this product 3 days ago, why didn't I get the latest version? Instead, I got a version from back in April. Another reason I'm really getting fed up with Zonelabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky3200 View Post
    I am using Firefox. Does anybody really still use Internet Explorer? I downloaded and installed the latest version and it did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions before I ask for a refund? This is more than annoying.

Incidently, when I purchased this product 3 days ago, why didn't I get the latest version? Instead, I got a version from back in April. Another reason I'm really getting fed up with Zonelabs.
    Hi;

If you are a Paid Licensed user of ZoneAlarm, you can contact directly the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users here). Its a free service for Paid Registered users.

Once at the main ZA support site look for the "Contact us" icon on the left. During their hours of Operation you will be helped on the spot.

Note: Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer
    and what are the
    steps you took to reproduce the problem.

The More information you provide them, the more likely they will be able to understand the issue and try to help you on the spot.

if the advice they give you does not resolve your issue, then go back to Tech Support and tell them the issue was not resolved and provide them more details..

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 30th, 2014 at 04:19 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information