Thread: Snooze not Snoozing

Default Snooze not Snoozing

I have a program that 99% of the time I want blocked from any internet access. Therefore, I have it set to deny. I don't want to set it to ask otherwise several times per day, every day, I would be getting alerts for which I would have to uncheck remember and then click deny. Obviously, no one would want to be constantly dealing with that. However, once or twice per year, I need to give it internet access. I thought this would be as simply as enabling the snooze for 5 minutes feature. However, the program continues to be blocked by the firewall. I find this baffling and am worried the answer is going to be something goofy like this feature was only implemented as a partial snooze and therefore doesn't actually "Snooze Firewall" but instead leaves it UNsnoozed for previously established firewall rules. TIA

Default Re: Snooze not Snoozing

If you exit ZA does it work? (right click the ZA icon, exit, wait a minute and try again). If it does not work this way then its something else than ZA blocking it.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I already temporarily went into Application Control, changed it from Deny to Allow for the program in question, tried again and this time it could access the internet. So, it's definitely Zone Alarm.

For reference:
    ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 13.3.042.000
    Vsmon version: 13.3.42.0
    Driver version: 13.2.18.0

Sounds like you already solved the problem. Just use the application control to allow it. Sorry no idea why snoozing does not the same.

ZA free does not offer any ZA official support so I am afraid you will need to stick with the solution you found or find another firewall that fit better your expectations.

Sorry,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

No, it's not a solution, it's a very clunky workaround for dealing with a very real problem which should not exist. I realize there is no official support for the free version. Nevertheless, the free version is essentially a trial for a lot of people to decide if they want to upgrade to the paid version. And since I seriously doubt paying for the upgrade is going to solve this specific problem, which almost certainly also exists in the paid version as well, then I can't justify ZoneAlarm having earned my business. This is even more true if they can't be bothered to even monitor this forum and submit a post whenever they come across a reproduceable problem (like this) and indicate they intend to fix it.

Thread Information