Thread: Hibernate problems in Windows XP with zone alarm

Default Hibernate problems in Windows XP with zone alarm

Hello everyone. I have 2 netbooks with windows XP for my children. I have them configured to hibernate everytime they push the power button, and it has been working fine for years. But now I have installed zone alarm, and the Pc takes about 8 minutes to start to hibernate after you push the power button. I am sure the root is the zone alarm, because if I uninstall it hibernatino works fine again. When you push the button, nothing seems to happen, but after some minutes, the hibernatino process begins...

I guess I have to set up something in zone alarm to accelarate this, but I donīt know where to look, can you give me some light?

Best regards and thank you very much in advance.

Default Re: Hibernate problems in Windows XP with zone alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Drj;302006[B
    ]Hello everyone. I have 2 netbooks with windows XP for my children. [/B]I have them configured to hibernate every time they push the power button, and it has been working fine for years. But now I have installed zone alarm, and the Netbook takes about 8 minutes to start to hibernate after you push the power button. I am sure the root is the zone alarm, because if I uninstall ZA hibernation works fine again. When you push the button, nothing seems to happen, but after some minutes, the hibernation process begins...

I guess I have to set up something in zone alarm to accelerate this, but I donīt know where to look, can you give me some light?

Best regards and thank you very much in advance.
    Hello;

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Note: From the information that you provided above, what you experienced may be by Design.. when you power up the Netbooks, Zone Alarm is the first program to load and by Design, It checks your computer and all programs that are activated at startup.. If your Netbooks have Minimal resources (Memory ram, CPU Speed and Small Hard drive then by Default there will be a Delay in Startup.. (if you have the Bare Minimum ZA will take longer to load)

1.) Here is the Minimum System Requirements for ZoneAlarm on Windows XP SP3..

Microsoft Windows, XP SP3 Home / Professional

• 32-bit, 1GB RAM
    • 1 GHz or faster processor
    • 250MB of available hard-disk space

2.) What Type and Version of Zone Alarm did you install on the two Netbooks? the FREE version, Free ZA + AV, ZA Pro, Pro +AV, ZA Security Suite, ZA Extreme, ver. 11,12, V13.x?

to find out try this:

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to Clipboard --> Paste in a reply here. Mind to remove the license key (if applicable).

3.) what kind of Connection to the Internet do you have?

Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.

Regards;
    Guru GeorgeV
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 1st, 2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: fix typos and waiting for a responce from User Drj...

Thread Information