Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Want To Revert Back To Previous Extreme Security Version

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Want To Revert Back To Previous Extreme Security Version

    I recently installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (paid subscription) v. 15.1.501.17249 over v. 15.0.159.17147 on a Windows 7 PC.

    Since that time, my Usenet newsreader (XanaNews 1.20) has been giving me "Pipeline out of sequence" errors. So, I would like to revert back to v. 15.0.159.17147 to verify that ZA's v. 15.1.501.17249 is indeed causing this problem.

    I have no problem doing a Google search for "ZoneAlarm Extreme Security" and "15.0.159.17147" but how safe are those sites that offer such version for download? Does ZoneAlarm/Zone Labs perhaps have a place where I can download v. 15.0.159.17147?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    18,091

    Default Re: Want To Revert Back To Previous Extreme Security Version

    Sorry all user here, best is to contact the official ZA technical support and ask them directly.

    Thanks,
    Fax

    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 24x6 Pacific time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Want To Revert Back To Previous Extreme Security Version

    Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Sorry all user here, best is to contact the official ZA technical support and ask them directly.

    Thanks,
    Fax
    Ok, I will do that.
    Has anyone else had this "Pipeline out of sequence" problem with their Usenet newsreader?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Want To Revert Back To Previous Extreme Security Version

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    Ok, I will do that.
    Has anyone else had this "Pipeline out of sequence" problem with their Usenet newsreader?
    The problem seems to be an incompatibility between XanaNews 1.20 and ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 15.1.501.17249.

    I re-installed v. 15.0.159.17147 and the "Pipeline out of sequence" problem has disappeared.

    Before re-installing v. 15.0.159.17147, I tried tweaking v. 15.1.501.17249 but could never make it to work with XanaNews.

    Perhaps somebody more experienced can figure out how to tweak v. 15.1.501.17249 in order to make it work with XanaNews.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Re: Want To Revert Back To Previous Extreme Security Version

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    The problem seems to be an incompatibility between XanaNews 1.20 and ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 15.1.501.17249.

    I re-installed v. 15.0.159.17147 and the "Pipeline out of sequence" problem has disappeared.

    Before re-installing v. 15.0.159.17147, I tried tweaking v. 15.1.501.17249 but could never make it to work with XanaNews.

    Perhaps somebody more experienced can figure out how to tweak v. 15.1.501.17249 in order to make it work with XanaNews.
    Hi;

    here is my Suggestion to you,

    If ZA Extreme 15.0.159.17147 worked fine with XanaNews, and ZA Extreme 13.1.501.17249 is now incompatible, you may have better luck contacting the Support site for XanaNews and letting them know of you experience with both versions of ZA Extreme, just maybe they can make a change in XanaNews that fixes the incompatibility? it is worth a try to contact XanaNews with your details..

    Regards,
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 24 Hours Pacific Time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm won't install --> Back to previous version
    By webdev in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2011, 03:36 PM
  2. Previous versions of Extreme Security
    By johnmak in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 21st, 2010, 04:41 AM
  3. [Resolved] Go back to previous version
    By briantr in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 21st, 2010, 07:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •