Thread: the version of zonealarm free firewall currently installed on your computer is not up

Default the version of zonealarm free firewall currently installed on your computer is not up

these are the errors I get:
    1) Zone alarm free Virus and Software
    UPDATE REQUIRED
    a newer version of your zonealarm is available for free
    UPDATE NOW
    busy right now? Remind me in
    2) then
    The latest 2017 ZoneAlarm software is available!
    3) then it downloads
    za setupweb 143 119 000.exe
    4) I run it BUT I get:
    the version of zonealarm free firewall currently installed on your computer is not upgradeable. Please uninstall it first and try install again
    5) the next screen wants me to uninstall and explain why I am doing this. Of course, it suggests the chat help which is of course only for the paid version

So my question is why does this happen? I have not uninstalled and reinstalled as suggested on the screen.
    Is this because I run XP? Even though zone alarm claims to support XP and provides a separate download.
    Thank you
    John

Default Re: the version of zonealarm free firewall currently installed on your computer is no

Maybe an eternal loop of ZA trying to install an older verion on a more recent version?
    Trying to download 14.x instead of 15.x?

Perhaps, uninstalling the present ZA and installing a newly downloaded version would solve the issue.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: the version of zonealarm free firewall currently installed on your computer is no

Quote Originally Posted by oldsod View Post
    Maybe an eternal loop of ZA trying to install an older verion on a more recent version?
    Trying to download 14.x instead of 15.x?

Perhaps, uninstalling the present ZA and installing a newly downloaded version would solve the issue.
    YIKES !!! i uninstalled and now it won't reinstall - says 'current version is not upgradeable. Now I have no AV or Firewall - HELP !!!

I wrote a long reply about my continued problem but I get an error message when I try to post it. Maybe this will work. One more try. I reinstalled after uninstalled but got error message that 'my current version could not be ungraded. Everything is messed up now and as I tried to write, I'm crying.
    Updated: without zonealarm, other AVs are failing now with "UI failed to Load...restart..." At this point after 3 weeks of trying every day to fix it, I have to assume that I am affected by a very bad virus or my HD is failing or my power supply is failing.
    So I am going to have to buy a new desktop way sooner than hoped. And I pray that zonealarm free will work on it.
    So no need to respond.
    I have to say, as much as I appreciate the people on this forum, I am very disappointed with zonealarm. It is pretty clear that there are multiple issues that they don't resolve - evidently in hope that you will have to buy the upgrade.
    And I can't afford that let alone a new computer. I pray with a new computer that I will never have to return to this page/forum.
    Last edited by uptonatom; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:29 AM. Reason: update and frustration

Thread Information