Thread: [SOLVED] Can't upgrade to free Firewall and Antivirus 143_119_000, on my Win XP

Thumbs down [SOLVED] Can't upgrade to free Firewall and Antivirus 143_119_000, on my Win XP

I have an old Win XP machine where I wan't to upgrade the current version to version 143_119_000. When I'm running the installer I get a message that the installed version is not upgradeable. I have run uninstall and Iobit Uninstaller, and the Zonealarm cleaner program, but I still get the message that there is a version installed. How do I get the installation to succeed?

Default Re: Can't upgrade to free Firewall and Antivirus 143_119_000, on my Win XP

Current version is newer than 14.x

see:

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: Can't upgrade to free Firewall and Antivirus 143_119_000, on my Win XP

When I go to yhis link: http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    There is a link to the lates XP version and the downloaded file is named zaSetupWeb_143_119_000. When I run the installer I get the message that the installed version is not upgradeable (See attachment). And I have run the uninstaller for the old version, and run clean.exe downloaded from Zonelabs support site. But the installation still shows the same message.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I go to yhis link: http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    There is a link to the lates XP version and the downloaded file is named zaSetupWeb_143_119_000. When I run the installer I get the message that the installed version is not upgradeable (See attachment). And I have run the uninstaller for the old version, and run clean.exe downloaded from Zonelabs support site. But the installation still shows the same message.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Which version of ZA was installed on the system? The pop-up is strange as it is anonymous (no ZA reference top left).

Which ZA removal tool have you used. One removal tool was deprecated (clean.exe, small letters), while the correct one is CLEAN.EXE.

1 . Download the ZA removal tool to be sure you don't have any ZA left overs
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/CLEAN.exe
    Save it to the desktop
    2. Run the ZA removal tool
    3 Reboot
    4. Double check you don't have any ZoneAlarm or checkpoint folder in your hard drive
    5. Install the ZA free version you have downloaded. ZA must be installed into C:/

If the above fails, boot your PC in SAFE MODE with networking and run again the ZA removal tool.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 24x6 Pacific time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Which version of ZA was installed on the system? The pop-up is strange as it is anonymous (no ZA reference top left).

Which ZA removal tool have you used. One removal tool was deprecated (clean.exe, small letters), while the correct one is CLEAN.EXE.

1 . Download the ZA removal tool to be sure you don't have any ZA left overs
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/CLEAN.exe
    Save it to the desktop
    2. Run the ZA removal tool
    3 Reboot
    4. Double check you don't have any ZoneAlarm or checkpoint folder in your hard drive
    5. Install the ZA free version you have downloaded. ZA must be installed into C:/

If the above fails, boot your PC in SAFE MODE with networking and run again the ZA removal tool.
    I have run the removal tool in safe mode, restarted and after the installation process took a long pause at 46%, the installation finaly was completed correct. Thanks for you help. #5 (fax).

Default Re: [SOLVED] Can't upgrade to free Firewall and Antivirus 143_119_000, on my Win XP

I am glad to hear you have managed to remove and re-install ZA and thank you very much for taking the time to report back on how your resolved it.

A word of caution, there must be something blocking ZA writing into your system in normal mode. Therefore, you may still face issue with the operation of ZA. Or may be not!

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 24x6 Pacific time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information