Hacker-proof Your Computer
Why Is ZoneAlarm the Best Firewall?
We’re not just serious about personal computer security, we’re obsessive about it. So we leave no stone unturned in determining what the latest vulnerabilities are and how to protect you (and ourselves) from them. What’s more, we want to stop attacks before they even happen, not just cleaning them up after damage has already been done.
What sets us apart from other firewalls
- Blocks Hackers unlike many basic firewalls, ZoneAlarm can protect your computer from unauthorized inbound and outbound transmissions. Even if a hacker succeeds in accessing your computer, he is blocked from taking your personal data.
- Cloud-based rapid response To quickly identify unsafe programs, our DefenseNet system tracks how long programs have been public, how many people use them, and other security data. Once a threat has been validated, your firewall receives this intelligence from the Internet cloud.
- Idle port blocking opens in-use ports only during transmission and immediately shuts them post-transmission to seal them from exploit. Some firewalls still lack this protection.
- Spoof invasion protection examines port and packet information to catch hacker transmissions disguised as harmless transmissions. Some firewalls still lack this protection.
- Full stealth mode cloaks every single port to make a computer undetectable to port scans. Some firewalls still lack this protection.
- Self-protection combats attempts to hijack or sabotage ZoneAlarm and defaults to a protected state if attacked. Other firewalls vary in their ability to fend off such attacks.
- OSFirewall monitors for suspicious and dangerous behavior at the operating system level – a ZoneAlarm exclusive that has caught zero-day attacks antivirus programs missed.
- Spoofed program detection prevents hackers from spoofing applications through program MD5 validation.
- Behavioral rootkit detection blocks rootkit installation and activity based upon behavior rather than signatures or heuristics – a ZoneAlarm exclusive.
- Early boot protection starts ZoneAlarm’s protection engine sooner than any other protection on the market – a ZoneAlarm exclusive
- Independent tests confirm – See recent firewall test results.
- Independent tests confirm – See recent performance test results.
- Kernel-level processing makes decision-making more efficient for better performance.
We’re Easier and Quieter
- More automated – even our Free Firewall is powered by DefenseNet, an up-to-the-minute intelligence system that makes ZoneAlarm firewalls the quietest around. You aren't constantly bothered by pop-up alerts asking for decisions.
- Automatic network detection – when you connect to a new network, a single intuitive dialog box lets you set the security level instantly; you don’t have to open the ZoneAlarm window for configurations
- Convenience in your trusted environments – put your printer and other home devices in your Trusted network zone so the firewall protects you without blocking what you need
- Expert customization at your fingertips – expert users complain about the lack of custom control in other firewalls, but we let expert users control access by port, protocol, application, time of day, and more. You can also choose how often you want to be alerted by ZoneAlarm, and what level of danger you want to be alerted about.
Note: OSFirewall is not included in the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall.